Friday 26 December 2014

Cycling through Clouds in Central Asia: Sargata to Tuctugul in Kyrgyzstan; Pleasant Weather and Rest; Today: 52 km; Total: 1802 km



June 3, 2014

It was a wet, windy night. I couldn't sleep well since the rain and wind kept rattling the tent and made a lot of noise. On a bright side, I was sure that we wouldn't be flooded as we were camping on top a hill.

We woke up pretty late, at 8, had coffee with bread and butter, and spent an hour to attend to our bicycles: I opened my fork, washed the components with gas and greased them back. I had been having trouble with my fork since the beginning of this trip. I should have fixed it before going on the rough roads in Pamir. We left the campground at ten and kept riding nonstop until 1:30 when we had lunch, Shorba, at a nice restaurant.

Tomorrow, we will start approaching two high passes before we coast down toward Bishkek. From here, it is about 300 km to Bishkek, but we should climb to 3300 meters twice from where we are now, 750 meters. It means a lot of climbing, so we decided to take the rest of the day off.

We checked in a "hotel", and took a cold shower while sitting; the shower was broken.

This town is a nice one with a lot of crows. They never shut up. They cry constantly. It is annoying. I am not setting up the alarm clock. They are going to wake me up anyways. 


A Cemetery

No comments:

Post a Comment