Tuesday 30 December 2014

Cycling through Clouds in Central Asia: Goodbye Kyrgyzstan, Hello Kazakhstan; Today: 106 km; Total: 2030 km



June 19, 2014

After 13 days of being in a limbo and not riding, today we were happy to be on the road again although it is always difficult to ride out of a big city. After riding about 50 km, we were at the border control. The pass was easy without having to open our bags. There was a very long line for other people who had huge luggage and goods. I felt sorry for them.

After a short ride, we stopped to drink water and fill our bottles. We started riding again. Gradually, the distance between me and Fausto grew longer and longer. I didn't see him for the next three hours. I was fighting a nasty head wind and a gradual elevation. I climbed about 600 meters to 1200 meters. Down the hill, Fausto was in the parking area of a service station: an empty restaurant, a shop full of nothing but biscuit and alcohol, and a water tap from which we could take drinking water.

At 3:30, we left the service station, bought some bread on the way, got some food from a restaurant to mix it with our own rice for dinner, washed ourselves with two litters of water, and now I am in my tent after enjoying the beautiful scenery of a wheat filed for an hour. 





No comments:

Post a Comment