Tuesday 30 December 2014

Cycling through Clouds in Central Asia: Close to Almaty; Riding Alone; Today: 100 km; Total: 2130 km



June 20, 2014

The first ray of sun shining on my tent was enough to make me burst out of my tent before the heat cooks me alive. I was packing when I found my front tire flat. I replaced the tube with a new one, packed up, had coffee with muffins, and took off. Fausto was ready ten minutes before I finished packing, so he had started. I thought he would be waiting for me on the main road, but I couldn't even see him way ahead on the road. He had gone!

After three hours of riding on a flat road in heat, I reached to a village where I saw Fausto who had bought some instant noodles. After filling our bottles, we were off again.  After another hour or so, I got to another village. Fausto had bought some pasta, so we rode out of the village and took a break to cook lunch in the shade. It was about three thirty when we packed and left. After two hours, I saw a monument on top of a hill by the side of the road. I stopped to check it out. There also were two guys on motorbikes from the Chek Republic. We talked a little bit and took photos.

It was 6 o'clock when I got to a village and found Fausto waiting for me. We filled our bottles, looked for a camp spot, made pasta, and prepared to sleep. 




No comments:

Post a Comment