Thursday 1 January 2015

Cycling through Clouds in Central Asia: Today: 104 km; Total: 3130 km



July 3, 2014

With a lot of frustration and disappointing thoughts, I went to sleep last night. I had set up the alarm for 6:30 (4:30 real time). We didn't have breakfast, just some tea. Then we went to the town and had some dumplings with tea.

Right from the start, Fausto asked me to take the lead. Using my GPS, it was kind if straight forward: take the local road along the main road. I did and at an intersection, I turned left, following the local road. First he thought I was wrong, but later, he followed me. After 65 km, we took a break under some trees. He made some food with instant pasta, and we rested for a couple of hours. 

After another 25 km, we arrived in Kaytoon, a town on our way. We bought our groceries for the night and found a camping spot outside the town.

We have 200 km to Urumqi.

No comments:

Post a Comment