Sunday 3 June 2012

From Barcelona to Tehran: Day 34


Day 34: A Nice Ride on the Coast; From Agios Vasileious to Korinthos in Greece

June 2, 2012; Distance covered today: 91 Km; Total: 2460 Km

I left the campground early to get to Korinthos, where there was a campground before the heat in the afternoon. I left with no breakfast, stopped at a supermarket and had some biscuits with chocolate milk, and resumed. The route was mainly close to the coast, so there was a moderately cool breeze as I biked. The area or the people did not seem as poor as the people I had seen until then in Greece, so I must be wrong with my first comment on Greece as being a “huge village.” 

At about 3 o’clock, I reached the campground in Korinthos. I could have continued riding; It was only three o’clock, but there was a little chance of finding another campground before Athens. Besides, the possibility of camping in the bush in almost zero since there are a lot of people, properties, and industrial areas. I checked in; had a swim in the sea, made some pasta, and had a lot of Internet stuff since Wifi was even in my tent. Awesome.  

No comments:

Post a Comment