Friday 24 February 2012

Round Lake Ontario: Day 3

August 22, 2011; distance covered today: 118 km; total: 352 km

Day Three: Can You Cross a Bridge When You Get There?
In the morning, on my way out of the campground, I paid the fee, and hit the road. I rode in between corn fields and fruit gardens with no passing cars. Absolutely beautiful.
The View from my Campsite
My Campsite in the Morning
The Road in the Morning
My Road in the Morning
Just Before Rochester
At about 3 o’clock, I reached Rochester, where I had to go across a bridge to continue my route along the Lake. I found the bridge, but it was closed. It was only open in winter. Then I had to go 6 km south to the other bridge. When I got close, to the bridge, I realized that the only way to get to it was an expressway which, of course, was only for cars and trucks. After asking for direction, I rode south of the town and then north of the town where I decided to stay in Webster Park.

Now, I am in Webster Park. I don’t have much to eat, so I devoured whatever I had and sneaked into my sleeping bag. It is raining outside. 

No comments:

Post a Comment