Thursday, 1 December 2011

Tobermory

Day 1: June 26, 2011 ; Distance so far: 93 km.


Today is the eighth anniversary of my arrival in Canada, my second home. It took me eight years to be able to start bike touring again. What a journey it has been for itself!


It had been two months that I had been looking for a touring bike. I finally settled down on a Surly Long Haul Trucker.
My Bicycle




The Journey:
At 5:30 this morning, I took a shower, had breakfast, and hit the road. Since I hadn't been touring for 8 years, I didn't know how many kilometers I could cover a day, but much to my surprise, I was doing pretty well. At 3 pm, I hit my target: Primrose (there is a link to the route below). There is a private campground just on the corner of Primrose and highway 89. It is a very small campground, but the staffs are very friendly. I am paying  27 dollars a night for a spot for a tent. That's ten dollars cheaper than provincial parks. I pitched my tent and waited for Babak and Mehdi to show up! They had planned to catch up with me and have lunch. Their plan was absolutely fine by me since they were bringing marinated chicken to barbecue! There is nothing better than biking for the whole day, taking a shower, and then devouring on chicken Kabab.

They have left now, and I am in my tent, getting ready to sleep. Below is the link to my route.
Airport Road


No comments:

Post a Comment